Sunday, April 6, 2014

Happy Boy


This is a still I took from a video of Oliver laughing, the sweet way little ones do. I've been watching it over and over again for the last 2 or 3 days. Couldn't be any more endearing sounds.

Yesterday I woke up with a headache I had gone to bed with. I had dreamed I had a headache. Not a pleasant morning. I felt pretty depressed, after all, our world is falling apart.  But I prayed asking God to brighten my day.  I do keep pretty busy and needed to keep going.

It didn't take him long to get me out of that funk. First, when I came out of my darker bedroom to the front of the house, I saw the houses across the lake from us...bright and rippling in the morning sun. Then  when I sat down at the computer, I found this video on my desktop and clicked it. It made me giggle. Then I opened my daily puzzle on wordles.net and found the quote of the day at the top..."If stars can shine in darkness, so can I." Next I opened my email and found an email waiting at the top for me. It was a young fellow named Damian McGinty with a really deep bass voice singing 'A place in the Choir' with a group called Celtic Thunder. It wasn't long until I was clapping and singing right along with them..  All those together did the trick.  I began to see things in a different light. No matter how bad things get, our Lord is here for us.  Hallelujah! 

Find a link to the hand clapping, foot stomping music here.

No comments:

Post a Comment