Sunday, April 27, 2014

Maggie's First Birthday



I've been looking forward to this for some time. Whereas many people celebrate their pet's birthdays, we have never done that before. We just never thought about it, let alone had time to do it. Not that this was a really big deal. It wasn't, but we did take her to Dairy Queen to get a  doggy cup... a cup of vanilla custard with a doggy bone on top.  The only addition I had to make was one candle. (It was her first birthday.) Since I couldn't really do that while holding the dog away from her treat and our blizzards, I added it to the picture once I got on the computer. That worked fairly well, and I am congratulating myself on that accomplishment.  

Yes, she did enjoy it.

Since having trouble with my computer, I've neglected to finish my list of important choices we make in this life. I had mentioned the choices to love and to be joyous. 

Tonight is about peace. I choose to be at peace.  The peace I choose has nothing to do with all the conflicts that have gone on since the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time.  In spite of that lack of peace in the world, I will live in peace...at peace with my Lord and Savior. I choose to live the life of one forgiven of my sins, with the internal peace that brings. I am in a good relationship with God, not because of what I've done, but because Jesus died for my sins. Praise God.


No comments:

Post a Comment