Sunday, January 11, 2015

Time 4 Snow



There are 24 hours in a day, surely we can spend a couple  in the snow. And that is what they did last week in Colorado.  It was a fun filled big snow.  As far as I know, it was the first time Oliver had gone sledding. Looks like he did just great.

Recently when I've been out in the snow, I've been very anxious to get back indoors. Why is that when the last couple of years I really wanted to build a snowman?  Could it be because this year I feel   10 years older than I did last year?  Why is that? Why does that happen? This is the second time it has happened to me...the year I turned 60 and again this year.  Its not just the way I feel, but the way I look as well. I'm not sure if one might be the cause and the other. the affect. Anyway, I doubt that I'll build a snowman this year...but then winter has just started in Ohio and we have months to go. Who knows?

I have been thinking about my impatience. (Sometimes snowy roads can cause that.) I know that as Christians, we are to love. I also know that the Bible tells us in I Corinthians 13:4 that Love is patient.

What am I being when I am impatient? Selfish with time.  As Max Lucado wrote recently, "We don't like to waste time. People get in our way and slow things down, so we burn them with impatience!"

This week I will try to be more patient and realize that time does not belong only to me, but to others as well. I am asking the Holy Spirit to help me with this change in my life.  I will no longer take pride in being organized, and using time wisely, because that good thing has become a downfall for me. It has made me impatient with others. I must remember to love others and consider their circumstances and problems.

I'm hoping that I can reap all the fruits of the spirit told us in Galatians 5:22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness self control..."




No comments:

Post a Comment