Sunday, November 11, 2018

November 11


There are several reasons for Ron and me to celebrate this day. Of broader importance is the fact that it is Veteran's Day, which will always be on November  11.  Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. That was ended, not only on the 11th month and the 11th day, but  also at the 11th hour.

I salute all the Veterans out there.

The next in importance to me is it is our third daughter, Chelle's birthday. Next, it is my cousin, Linda Turner's birthday.

And then last and perhaps never again, our Harvest  Dinner at church fell on November 11th this year. It was quite the thing with lots of good food. Just what we need...maybe not, but oh so wonderful on the tastebuds and lots of great company.

The pictures above have nothing to do with November 11 at all, but I did design the page today, November 11. It tells about our son-in-law's play Twilight of the Gods,  which ran again this October in Nashville, Tennessee. This time Greg played the part of Edgar Allan Poe. I certainly wish I could have been there to see it.  I lament the fact that I didn't.

By the way, Greg is Chelle's husband. So he was in on celebrating her birthday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment