Monday, August 24, 2009

It's a Stretch


"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and Chipper is sunbathing. Happy as she can be, this cat doesn't care a thing for the beach. As a matter of fact, she doesn't want anything to do with it...it's too close to the water.

I had wanted to take her for a boat ride with us since she always goes down to the wall above the level of the seawall and waits for us to depart. And of course everyone takes their dogs. It would be unique to take the cat. I carried her, unwilling, out to the boat and jumped on with her. Woops, wrong move. She did not like that at all. I put her down to keep from getting her claws stuck in my legs. It took her less than a second, I believe, to fly through the air to land. And up the bank to the safety of the wall she flew where she turned and started screaming at us. I'm not sure whether she way saying, 'Don't do it! It isn't safe!' or 'Don't you ever think of doing that to me again.'

No comments:

Post a Comment