Monday, October 28, 2013

The Perfect Day



It is no secret that Fall is my favorite season of the year. And today was the perfect fall day. It was comfortable to be outdoors with a light jacket or sweater. The sun was warm. The colors were bright.  Here is another view from our backyard. This time, we are looking back to the southwest where just one month ago I took the dreamy picture I posted yesterday. These colors have burst forth in just the last few days.

It is a pure delight these days. It is also a direct contrast to when I look at the news. All I see through my disgust is bright red...debt, debt and growing debt with no control, no restraint.

 Well it seems that finally the newsmen are realizing what a mess the new 'healthcare' debacle is...now that it is too late, now that it is the law of the land and we can't do a thing about it, but squirm.  I'm hoping that finally people have learned their lessons and that we will be running to the polls in droves next time we get a chance to yank these people out of their plush offices and throw them out on the street, so that 'our president's new military' can take care of them, like they plan to take care of us if we make waves.

Does it sound like I'm upset? I am, but I can adjust. I've lived a lifetime of adaptation. But there are younger people with their lives ahead of them who who surely suffer the loss of freedom and the cost of a big government.

May the good Lord be with us and protect us from ourselves...our enemies are among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment