Friday, September 19, 2014

What does a Pirate Say?



Okay, how many of you knew that this is National Talk Like a Pirate Day?  Of course  it will be too late to practice that by the time you read this, since I have a habit of writing my blog right around midnight. Sorry about that, but I pack my days full and leave FaceBook and the blog for after my brain goes to sleep at night.

These pictures of Pirate Caleb were taken in July, but I just got around to making a layout of these sweet boys, taken while Caleb was still encouraging Oliver to stand. He needn't do that anymore. I understand Oliver is running rings around everyone else. He can be still only to sleep. Hmmmm. I wonder where he gets that?  Couldn't be that it's been passed down the blood line, could it?

I have to admit that had I not gone to Curves today, I would have missed out on this little bit of information.  There, we had to talk like a pirate to get a ticket. Yes, it was a ticket I wanted. Cindy, the owner of our  Curves really makes it a fun place to be. There are always puzzles on the chalkboard for us to solve....for tickets. So we exercise  our brains as well as our bodies.  Every day of the month that curves is open ( all but Sundays and major holidays) she has something we have to wear that day, or do, or say that day to earn a ticket. She hides items around the exercise room for us to find...also for tickets.  Each month she gives away four prizes by picking tickets from bags under our preferred prizes.  The girls get together frequently for lunch and once a year she has a picnic for all our families at her home. Sometimes we even have weight losing contests.

It is a good place to go to get our minds off the travesties of this life and get a few laughs. We girls have bonded and are thus able to tease each other and just have a really good time before going back to work and back to the disappointments of this life that are handed down to each one of us as a group each day by those in Washington set on destroying our country.

I don't believe in sticking my head in the sand, but it is good to take a break now and then to get away from it all and pull ourselves together again in order to fight the  good  fight.

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.  1 Timothy 6:12 

We need to fight so that some day we can say: 
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

By the way Shiver me timbers. Ahoy Matey. Arrrrgh!


No comments:

Post a Comment