Saturday, July 22, 2017

Let's Do It



Things have been slowing down for me so much recently. Not time, but thinking and moving. Time is still flying. Several days have passed since I've thought to post a layout here on the blog. I do have pictures, not a lot, but a few; but I've felt rushed, even though I'm not actually doing anywhere near as much as I did.

So is this what old age is like? How have I gotten here so quickly?

I feel like I need a vacation, but that sounds like too much work. Strange, isn't it?

This is a layout I made of Caleb, Oliver and Julia some time ago, before I seemingly lost track of time. It is dated  June 12th of this year, so it wasn't really too long ago. It is just that lots has happened here since then.

We are looking forward to seeing one of our daughters tomorrow for a short time. That will make a pleasant afternoon.

As I sit here and think what needs to be done, I remember John F Kennedy's inaugural address, in which he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." That is still very good advice.

Let's do our part. Start where you are. Smile. Treat people with kindness and dignity, as you would have them treat you.  This is the first step to making our country great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment