Friday, February 16, 2018

First a Singer...



Mason is a great singer. He is so good that he got what I call a scholarship for voice lessons. Now, he is taking up the piano as well. He got this keyboard for Christmas. I'm anxious to see what he can do in a few months. Oh, I know, I took lessons myself, but I started at the young age of eight without any knowledge of music at all. I took lessons for 6 years. I can read music, of course, but I don't have a wide handspan and that makes being a really good pianist impossible. I've let it go over the years, but still enjoy once a year or so, sitting down with a book of music and trying again. I still have to look at music to play.

Mason's grandfather, my husband, Ron can play from memory. I love it. He actually plays the accordion, but it translates for him, so he can play many of the same songs on both. He got his musical talent from his mother, who played piano by ear, and his father who played a bingo and sang in a quartet. Mason has evidently inherited his music ability. Go, Mason, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment