Thursday, June 16, 2011

Independence


A child is dependent on his parents for years, but all along he is hopefully trying to spread his wings in an effort to one day be on his own.
 I've been watching the eaglets in their nest from the time they were hatching and today for the first time, I saw at least two of them out on a limb from the nest for hours.  They are eager to go out into the world and find their own food.  They flap their wings and jump up and down, looking as though they are taking off or landing.  It is very entertaining to watch them.

 So it is with our children. It is one of the most rewarding things in life...to watch them growing daily, step by step.

I wish I could show you Caleb's first piano recital.  Before long I hope to put  the  video on this blog.  Of course only a doting grandmother would enjoy it as much as I do, but I think others will find him cute as well.

In this layout Caleb takes off while playing at the park when he was in Ohio the first part of May. We were watching him closely. It was fun to see him take off independently instead of hanging on for support. He will be his own man some day.

We must not look to the government for help, but show some independence. especially at a time like this when the government is broke...or broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment