Saturday, July 23, 2011

Read the Book

Before I attach a new layout, I want you to know, I added a layout  to the blog for Tuesday, July 19th.

I'm pretty excited.  It is getting hard to decide which page to blog each night.  The weather has been very good, that is, very good for staying inside  in the air conditioning. And since I'm in a break period between projects, I've made lots of digital pages. Instead of hurrying to get one ready each day, I have a stockpile started. It will be difficult each night to decide what to use.  Hope I don't miss any.

Now for a new layout:

Naturally since Mommy is an avid reader, Caleb likes his books. One of the first things he did was get a book for PaPa to read.  And of course loving Caleb as he does, he reads with great enthusiasm.  It's great fun just watching them. I'm not sure which one likes this exercise  better.

I guess this layout pretty much plays into the entry I made last night about saving your books.  Even though I'm quite glad to have the electronic readers, I still say there is nothing like grasping a book in ones hands and heading to bed for a good read.   Perhaps I feel that way because I am  'old', but if you lose your battery or someone steals your iPad or Kindle with ALL your books, you are in trouble...for the night anyway.  And remember how records, tapes, etc have all fallen into uselessness, the same thing could and probably will happen with iPads.   Then where will you be?  I realize real books take up a lot of space, but I'm keeping mine (especially history)...and I'm hoping others will see the benefit of saving theirs as well.

If you've been keeping up with the news and the budget crunch on TV, you may not realize that the only way Obama will accept a budget deal is for Congress to give him the opportunity to raise taxes (again)..the very thing that stifles job creation.  Makes no sense unless you figure he's doing that on purpose to create higher numbers of unemployed.  It is amazing that it is up to the House right now, when the Senate has not passed a budget the whole time Barak has been president.  Where was the pressure then?

No comments:

Post a Comment