Saturday, July 9, 2011

We MIss Them Already


This picture was taken about 8:00 AM in the backyard swing.  The boys are wearing the shirts their Aunt Beth and Uncle John brought  them from Colorado. Ashley wore hers yesterday.

Chelle and the triplets left shortly after posing for the picture and we miss them already.  The house is very quiet. I actually fell asleep on the sofa about 1:30.  But then April and her husband Tim arrived and kept us company for a while.  They are in town, along with our Tim for their high school reunion.

As a happy side, April trimmed and highlighted my hair for me and I managed to stay awake through it.

It is  early and all is still. I'll probably fall asleep right here at the computer long before my usual bed time, but I must stay up until I know the kids are safe at home. They've had a bad trip home so far... ran into Kentucky Derby traffic  and was in the state for an extra 3 hours.  To top that off, when they stopped at McDonald's for kid's meals, instead of getting the regular hamburger and fries, they were very upset to find their fries had been limited to a very few and apple dippers were substituted.  They can thank Michelle Obama for that, but they're not in a gracious mood.  It's a good thing for the Democrats that they can't vote yet because liberals surely lost points with that impingement of fry eating freedom. It's not something they'll quickly forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment