Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Dark


I love these pictures of Caleb when he went to see 'Elmo'.  The ones taken while the lights were down show his enthrallment.  But, of course they are too dark. I could have lightened them quite a bit in photoshop; yet if I did, they would be grainy. And after all, it WAS dark in there.  

As it is dark in the theater, it is dark in the world as well...and getter darker year after year. 

Once again, I want to copy  word for word from Max Lucado in his Today's MP3 weekday email., for we need lots of encouragement in these times.


   God Stakes His Claim

I heard the announcement, “Your name is on the standby list!”  Groan!  The dreaded standby list.  Possibility but no guarantee.

Oh, to be numbered among the confirmed!  To have my own seat and departure time.  How can you rest if you aren’t assured passage on the final flight home?

Many live with a deep-seated anxiety about eternity.  They think they’re saved, but they still doubt, wondering, “Am I reallysaved?” Jesus promised a new life that could not be forfeited or terminated.  He says “whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned.”God stakes his claim on us.  Bridges are burned, and the transfer is accomplished.  Ups and downs may mark our days, but they will never ban us from his kingdom.  Jesus bottom-lines our lives with His grace!

“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.  John 5:24″

And again, I'd like to encourage you to check into wwwMaxLucado.com if you would like to receive his daily encouragement.  




No comments:

Post a Comment