Saturday, December 1, 2012

Merry Christmas



It isn't much, but it is a start. I have the tree up (the only one we'll have this year) and a red cloth on the table. I hope by tomorrow night to have it finished. I'm slowing down.  There won't be a lot of decoration this year, but hopefully enough so that anyone who comes over will feel comfortable, but not overwhelmed and certainly won't feel like their homes could never measure up in Christmas decor.
I really want to KEEP IT SIMPLE.  It will be my first time, but I'm liking the idea already.  Less time decorating, more time enjoying. It seems like in years past, I'd leave up my decorations until the end of January, because I never got the chance to just relax and sit a while to enjoy the atmosphere.

Yes, it may be early to wish you a merry Christmas, but I want to make it a point to practice that greeting. It may be your holiday season, but it is my Christmas. I am celebrating  that my God sent his  son to earth to die for my sins that I might spend eternity with him.  For as  John 3:16-17 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

I say 'my God', but He is the creator of all of the universe, so He is your God as well.  If only you accept this God of Love, He will adopt you as His child and give you everlasting life.


No comments:

Post a Comment