Monday, July 14, 2014

Ashley


Only one of our triplet grandchildren is a girl. Her name is Ashley Summer and in this picture, she is bright as summer. We are happy to announce that her birthday is coming up this month and she will be 12.

After summer is over (can't believe I've mentioned that already, but summer is going so very fast) she will be in 7th grade...with her brothers.  Being home schooled has been a way of life. This will continue with a slight twist.  They will have a 'real' teacher, one who could teach in the classroom, but has chosen not to do that.  They still will be taught at home, however. It will be a new experience and I'm thinking it will go very well.

Are we counting down to her birthday? You bet!  Wish I could just run down and be there that day, but I doubt if that can happen.

On the 10th of this month I received an email from Max Lucado that is making me think. I believe you will profit by it as well, so I am copying it here in its' entirety.

" I CHOOSE

It's quiet. It's early. For the next 12 hours I'll be exposed to the day"s demands.  It's now that I must make a choice.  And so I choose __love.  I will love God and what God loves.

I choose joy.
I choose peace. I will live forgiven.
I choose patience- Rather than complain that the wait is too long, I'll thank God for a moment to pray.
I choose kindness- for that's how God has treated me.
I choose goodness.
I choose faithfulness. Today I'll keep my promises. My wife will not question my love.
I choose gentleness. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.
I choose self-control. I will be impassioned only by my faith and influenced only by God.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.  When this day is done, I'll place my head on my pillow and rest."


No comments:

Post a Comment