Monday, July 28, 2014

Rodeo Cowboy


Our trip to Cheyenne, Wyoming was so much fun, that the kids went back again for Pioneer Days last week. Wish I could have gone along.

One of the things I enjoyed there was the rodeo video of trick riders...one after another being thrown off their horses. And some wonders who were able to stay on those horses for the duration. WOW

Sometimes in the last few years and more and more as the days go by, I have felt like I'm riding a bucking horse that is trying its best to throw me off.

This world is not my home. That statement rings more true every day. Our president is following a communist plan to destroy our freedom and enslave us under a tyrant.  Now he has proposed going around Congress to plan a large scale expansion of rights for illegal immigrants by executive order, which would alter the constitutional framework  in an unacceptable way. The law says that if you are in our country illegally, you are to be deported and of course you are unable to legally work  here.

But the liberals in Washington have other ideas.  The president has proposed an executive order which could grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

As much as I like to blame this on our president. As Max Lucado says, "Our problem is sin. Not finances, Not budgets, Not overcrowded prisons. Our problem is sin. We are in rebellion against our Creator.  We're cut off from the source of life.  A new president or policy won't fix that. It can only be solved by God. "

He says to ask yourself three questions:

1. Is there any unconfessed sin in my life?  Confession is telling God you did the thing He saws you do.
2. Are there any unresolved conflicts in my world?  Go and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God.

3. Ar  there any un-surrendered worries in my life?  Worry is a noose on the neck and a distraction of the mind."

Thank you. Max Lucado.

No comments:

Post a Comment