Monday, April 4, 2016

Simba and Times Square



In February, Lauren and Pat were able to make a trip to the city, the big city, New York City. They spent their  time in and near Times Square.  Looks like they had a good time.

Lauren's mother's birthday is today. She has been exceptionally busy this past week or so and forgot that this was her birthday until after she got up this morning. She drove home last night so that her husband could be rested for today. They arrived at home at about 3 AM .  She make the comment that birthdays after 50 come closer together.

How can she be older than 50? It really hasn't been that long since I was 50, or has it? Let me count the years.  I guess it has, but as the trite saying goes, It seems like yesterday.

And who knows what tomorrow could bring?...

I read this on Max Lucado's daily message a few days ago...

"to us he shared the same message, 'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. . .I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am' (John. 14:1,3).
Live with an ear for the trumpet and an eye for the clouds. And when he calls your name, be ready. You will look up, and he will reach down and take you home. . . when Christ comes!"
That's right. You don't have to be old to look forward to seeing God. You never know when that will be.  Be ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment