Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Waiting



Disney World is a Magic Place to be, however, there are times that a person just has to wait. Here Beth helps Oliver, in a stroller, wait by taking funny selfies. Love the results. They are memories that will entertain us for years. So cute.

Waiting is not something I am good with. I like to arrive at me destination right on time, not before and especially not so long before that I find myself waiting with nothing to do. However, now that we all carry cell phones, there is a lot that we can do while we 'wait'. The phone does help me somewhat when I am early, but I still prefer to arrive later.

I'm a little ashamed of being that way. After all, the Bible does talk about waiting, as a good thing.

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

It also says in Psalms 37:9 "For evildoer shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

Lamentation 3:26 says, "It is good that a man should both hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

I could go on, but I've written enough for us to get the importance of waiting. So now, all we have to do is learn how and practice it.


No comments:

Post a Comment