Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Flowers

It is a good thing we didn't plant these yesterday. We woke up this morning to frost. I think we are pretty well protected by the lake here, but would have hated to see these beauties frost bitten. I started to plant them today and was driven in by the cold wind. They will be pretty on the screened porch until later this week.

We did get some really good pictures, but a freak thing happened to the one of me holding the tray of daisies...It turned out colorful in the background, but the flowers and I were black and white. I don't get it. The camera must have been on a very strange setting that I didn't know existed. Oh well, it gave me the chance to do something a little different with sepia tone.

We need always to take what we have and make the best of it. In other words, come on you all, lets make lemonade out of the lemons the government has been throwing us. Or better yet, let's throw all the lemons out of their offices come November. Then we'll take time to smell the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment