Friday, May 7, 2010

Peahens?

This is one bird of which I am not afraid. I don't know why. Yes, I do. I've never seen them flutter their wings and fly. Perhaps they do. I haven't checked, but I'll be all right as long as I don't know that they do. I've never believed ignorance is bliss, but it could be in this case. It is such a pleasure to see these big colorful birds; but to see them in the wild is a special treat.

This is the first time I remember seeing a penhen and was ignorant (That is becoming too easy to say.) of their name, PEAHEN. You can see they are not quite so colorful, the way of most female birds.

Evidently, we female humans must think we are not quite as beautiful as we should be, considering all the money we spend on beauty treatments, etc.

That reminds me of a quote I read just this week... "The best cosmetic in the world is an active mind, that is always finding something new." Mary Meek Aiken

Don't let yourself be ignorant. The stakes are too high. Today our president addressed the fact that our unemployment numbers went up this period. As I heard on talk radio, he would have convinced me it was a good thing, if I couldn't see the stitches on a fast ball. Don't let them 'sweet talk' you out of your common sense. Don't drink the kool-aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment