Monday, June 3, 2013

Bike Race



Caleb has embarked, at the young age of three, on a path of bicycle racing. This was his very first race. He rode his sleek and shiny red Strider on the New Belgium Short Track,  May 21.  Each week this summer, he will have another chance to race his bike.  However, since seeing him ride his pedal bicycle, I'm sure it won't be long until he switches to it for the events. 

It was interesting today as I was racing around trying to do everything at once, a little titmouse friend stopped by my bird feeder and shook his tuft at my window as if to say, 'are you never going to fill this again?'  He was so cute, that I dropped everything I was doing to cater to him. But when I filled the canister, the seed fell on the ground. There was a big hole rusted in the bottom. Of course, so as not to disappoint this little guy, I grabbed my purse and headed off to WalMart to remedy the situation.  It didn't take me long before I was back at the house and filling his new feeder with extra special seed.

But while at the store, I landed in one of the many long lines. I had plenty of time to read the headlines on all the magazines.  One of them really caught my eye. It was one of the news rags. It wasn't the National Enquirer, but similar. It had a picture of our president and it was saying that he would be impeached. I didn't think it could happen because he is so slick, but here it was in black and while: Worse than Nixon!   That and the titmouse made my day.







No comments:

Post a Comment