Friday, May 2, 2014

iPhone?



It was Easter morning. I was fixing breakfast and listening to the story of the empty tomb. I didn't turn it on. I don't do that, but it was on and I was listening intently. Then Ron laughed! He  did! I was aghast. "How  can you laugh at that, Ron? What is wrong with you?"  Well, this is one of the ways we are the total opposite. Not that he would laugh at something so serious, but that he can read something while something else is playing loudly.  Supposedly he is ADD...has always been. His brother will say to him, Earth to Ron, to get his attention when he is so far away mentally that his eyes glaze over.  On the other hand, if someone is talking, if music it playing...no matter what, I have to listen. I can't ignore sounds.  Therefore I have to have total quiet to read.

So why is it, he is ADD and I'm not? I don't get it. He can cut out all in order to complete a project. I have to have quiet. It must be that we are both ADD, just in different ways.

If  I were to go to school today, I would be totally out of it. I would fail. I can understand why some have so much trouble in school. The classrooms  that I've seen lately are totally a mess. There is so much going on at once that a person who had trouble focusing would not be able  to get anything done. I'm glad I went to school when I did . While I did quite well, today, I would be lost.

Back to Sunday morning. Ron was reading email. That is why he laughed. He had completely tuned out the Easter story on his iPad. 
This type of thing drives me crazy. Ron will turn on the TV when he enters the room, but rarely ever turns it off. I don't know how to turn on the TV. I have no need to do so. But I quickly learn how to turn off TVs, iPads, computers, radios, stereos, etc. 
Please give me some peace and quiet, so that I can think.

Tonight I'm choosing gentleness. Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it only be in praise. If I clench my fist, may it only be in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only to myself. I  choose to be gentle.

LOVE    JOY    PEACE    PATIENCE    KINDNESS    GOODNESS    FAITHFULNESS    GENTLENESS.


No comments:

Post a Comment