Friday, November 25, 2016

Tasty Toes and Christmas Shopping


Back in August, Julia was still chewing on her sweet toes. Now she is standing.  Since I am behind, I haven't done a layout of the picture that proves my statement. But it will be ready in the coming days, so keep near-bye. 

Well, thanksgiving is officially over now. Black Friday is done, at least in my timezone.  April and I did go to a couple of stores today, one was called the Bird's Nest. It features the minimalist  look. It was very interesting to me, but we were the only ones there besides the two clerks. Actually the reason no one was there is they generally do business only with professional decorators, etc. April bought something and I saw something I would like to have, but just didn't want to spend the money.

We also went to Tuesday Morning. They specialize in both domestic and international closeouts of medium to high-end name brand gifts, soft home, home furnishings, housewares, luggage, toys, seasonal items, gourmet food and fashion accessories for men, women and children. I love the store and was hoping to find some gifts. Found six and bought a few things for myself as well. It is good to get them when you see them, because the turnaround is fairly quick and it  could be gone the next time you are there.  It turns out that April loves the store as well. I'm sure she will go back the next time she is in the area. 

Now, we are in the Christmas season. Can't be, can it? We still have beautifully colored trees seemingly full of leaves.  It really isn't conducive to dragging out Christmas trees and  boxes, but it must be  done. I'm late already, since I usually start the day after Thanksgiving.  I feel like Christmas just jumped on me out of the bushes.  

On top of that, I realized today that our youngest grandson, Oliver, has a birthday December 10!  I need to go shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment