Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Melrose Apples



I've been very disappointed lately with the apples I've been buying at Sam's Club. Of course they probably come from China or something, and we grow apples locally. So, even though I hadn't been down Arlington Road for years, I decided on the  spur of the moment  to head down and look for an orchard. I was happy to find one of the orchards where I had bought apples before years ago. The lady there was so helpful. She had plenty of apples ready and after she asked me a few questions to narrow down my choices., she started cutting bites from them for me.  After having tasted quite a few, I chose Melrose, which is crisp and on the tart side. I took them home and handed them  to Ron for a picture. I wanted to remember this day when I finally got off my beaten track and bought some good fresh fruit at Kuner's Fruit Farm.

They should be in business about two more weeks. I will be going back to stock up for the winter, as much as possible anyway. I'll also get some Red Delicious for Ron, who did not appreciate the tart ones I had purchased.


No comments:

Post a Comment