Monday, November 22, 2010

90 Years Old

Aunt Mary turned 90 on Saturday the 20th. When I saw the invitation said to drop in between 12:00 and 8:00, I wondered how Aunt Mary would last through that time. But I should not have feared. I think she had more energy and enthusiasm than anyone else there. What a sociable sweetheart she is. And sharp as well. She is such a joy to others.

Wanting to be just like Aunt Mary (Ron's aunt) when I grow up, I asked her a few questions.
I asked her secret to longevity, about her youthful skin and her philosophy of life. Her answers are on the layout.

I now need to print her a copy and then we are going to lunch. I am thrilled. It will be a special lunch since we hadn't been out together for about a year.

She is a wise lady. I need to pay more attention. It really struck me when she said "Live for today. Hope for tomorrow." I haven't had much hope recently, but I must do that. God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment