Sunday, November 21, 2010

Family Resemblance

I've been told Aussie looks like me. I am flattered, but I bet he wouldn't want to think he looks like a girl, especially an old one. But surely it is okay for me to look like him.

He definitely has my hair. If like the rest of us, my cousins and I, his hair will keep its color or get darker until he is way too old to care. I am fair like him, except for my myriad freckles. Face shape is similar. But his eyes are gorgeous. I guess similarity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I've been looking for similarity in the new GM (Government Motors) and the old GM (General Motors). There isn't much. My parents used to buy nothing but GM. My first car was a Pontiac. They were good cars. However with the EPA, etc breathing down their backs, and foreign competition growing strong, GM just didn't measure up anymore. Instead of letting the company go bankrupt, like any normal entity would do, our overly powerful government decided to change from free enterprise to socialized manufacturing. Of course government has never done anything well, not even the post office, but they dumped zillions of dollars (yours, mine, and our grandchildren's ) into a failing company. Well anyone besides the straw man can see that we've lost our money and continue to lose more and more to this endeavor.

Instead of buying GM, we have bought a lemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment