Saturday, February 26, 2011

Clydesdales in Colorado


I like this layout because it depicts a special opportunity we had to see the Clydesdale horses, which we hadn't seen since we were around 10 years old.  These were the Budweiser Clydesdales in Colorado.   My parents had taken me when they visited in Akron and Ron went with his boy Scout troop to see them at the same time. Of course they were not the same horses.  We got to see several of them and were told there were several teams around the country.

Our grand baby, Caleb was with us, his dad holding him in his arms.  We were treated to quite a lesson and history  about the large hooved animals.  When the fellow stopped and asked if there were any questions, 12 month old Caleb said loudly, "What?"  Everyone turned to look at him and laugh.

It reminded me of the first word I ever heard my son, his father, say.  We were standing in a line at the register of the local grocery store.  I was holding him up over my shoulder like one would any baby, because that is what he was... and out of the silence came, "Hi."  The word seemed to come from his  mouth, but it couldn't have. He never had said anything before. e was a baby! But it was right by my ear. I turned around and there was no one there but a lady in line behind me.  A look of surprise and shock was on her face. I finally was able to utter, 'Did he say something?" She said, "Yes he did." I'll never forget it.  Of course right away he started imitating everything that was said.  I  kept notebooks for the first two years to document his verbal ability.  It still amazes me.

As well as I like this page, it also gives me trouble, because  the horse was standing up on a platform for show and the angel the picture was shot makes him look too short. I kept trying to figure that out, but I guess I'll just have to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment