Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My First Glasses

 

When I was three, I got my first spectacles. Supposedly I had astigmatism. Our friends and even strangers  were very supportive and I wasn't at all conscious about wearing them. 

 I wore  glasses until I got to an age where I cared how I looked.   I quickly realized I didn't have any trouble seeing, so I quit.  I'm not sure when my parents realized I wasn't using them...I must have put them on at home.  Anyway, all was well and good until I went away to college and began having headaches all the time. I was sent to an opthamologist and found out that I lacked fusion.  My eyes did not work together to see one picture.  Hadn't bothered me before and I had as much reading to do in high school as I did then.  The doctor had me do some exercises to strengthen the muscles and it helped.  I never needed glasses again until recently.  I  buy packs of them at Sam's Club  for close up work.  

Never thought about being a pilot, but when the doctor told me my eyes would keep me from getting a pilot's license, I decided that is what I wanted to do.  lol  You know how that is, tell a child they can't do something and that is exactly what they want to do. Guess that explains my maturity level at the time.  Of course I never tried to fly until my husband got his license and let me 'steer' once.  It wasn't that much fun. And by that time I would have be petrified to land the plane. I wouldn't even take the class on emergency landing, but decided that if something happened to Ron while we were flying, I'd just have a heart attack and it would be all over.




No comments:

Post a Comment