Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hard Times


Once we moved to Ohio, we adapted quickly, even though we were without wheels.  We lived just a few miles from the center of town and close to the bus line. Dad went to work on a bus.  We rode the bus to church, to shop, to the doctor...  everywhere.
I do remember a neighbor taking us to the grocery store once. I don't know if she always did or if my dad walked to a small store.  I think there was one about a mile from our house. 

We went without much because my dad was so cautious with money. He was determined to do it all himself without borrowing.  The $1,000 loan for the house is all that I know he ever borrowed. He didn't believe in owing money to anyone.  It served him well.  but even after he didn't have to be so careful, he still was because he had grown up with 6 brothers during the depression and he still had that fear of losing what he had. 

We always had good vacations though.  He said that is something no one can take away from you.

Today, if we are alert, we know that all things could be taken from us at any time the government gets out of control and it is getting closer and closer to being just that.  Thank God for the Tea Party, which is working against the total control our present government is aiming  for with its oppressive ways.

That brings me to this layout I did today after  I saw something similar online.


 It was on The Patriot Post, but I lost the exact address of today's issue.  Now I'll just give you my version and credit to them for coming up with the idea.  It plays on Obama's comment about adding lipstick to a pig.

It is time to stand up against the Libyan mad man. What has happened to our nation when the heinous Moammar Gaddhafi's private mercenary army, whose members are largely  from Africa and don't speak the language of Libya, fire upon civilian protesters and our president says practically nothing? In the Washington Post, Jackson Diehl wrote that Gaddhafi has "launched a shocking war against his own people, killing at least hundreds and probably thousands in attacks by warplanes and foreign mercenaries." 

Why is the  Libyan rebellion treated differently than was  Egypt's?

No comments:

Post a Comment