Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Caleb's Recital


Caleb's first recital was a rousing success.  His gramma and papa were amazed at his innate skill.
A chip off the old family block, he is.

 I had always wanted his dad to play the piano, but John wasn't interested.  Instead he went  for the saxophone.  We had many glorious years listening to him play...not that he practiced or anything.  I think he was like me, a very good sight reader.

While he was away at college, that sax was stolen and I'll never hear him play it again, but while he and Beth  were in Bulgaria, he took up guitar.

Caleb likes that as well.  It seems he likes anything that makes a sound.  Of course he is just 15 months old, but he really is very deliberate about the notes he plays.  He doesn't pound and since he generally hits just one note at a time, there is nothing discordant.  Sound like a gramma, don't I?  Yes, a very proud gramma.

On a different note, the Republican party is off to a scattering start. Am not sure whom I am backing at this time.  I'm still waiting for that Christian Conservative to come forward. Pray God will nudge his or her heart.  We know it is a hard , thankless job, but soooo necessary to this form of government, especially the way it has been skewed in the last few decades and in the last 2 1/2 discordant years for sure.



When things get horribly messed up, I like to turn to Philippians 4:6-7 to calm myself...
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment