Thursday, August 11, 2011

Encouragement for the Day

Don't despair, pictures are at the end.



I've been trying to keep busy, not that I'm not always busy, but I've been wanting to keep my mind off the reality of the condition  our country is in at the present.

 It was helpful to open our friend, Jim Chilton's, encouragement letter today.  He writes these daily as an encouragement to his daughter.  We convinced him they were too good to limit it's readers, so now people may subscribe to them.  Today's was just what I needed to read ToDAY.


"Be still..." (11th August 2011)
        Psalm 46:10-11 reads, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.  Yahweh Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” 
        It seems the whole world is shaking.  The world is out of control, and the Holy Spirit says, “Be still.”  It is a reminder that we place too much stock on earthly events apart from God.  We struggle.  We fret.  Energy is lost.
        The feeling of being “out of control” is not a bad thing.  It should remind us Who is in control.  Paul said we can be content in any situation (Philippians 4:12).  To experience this contentment, we must believe God is absolutely sovereign.  He is in control, and He’s our Father.
        God sets the limits.  He allows things to happen, but never outside His plan.  Be still.  We struggle because we want the power.  The sin of Adam and Eve was they wanted to be free of His power. 
        We need a completed picture of the character of God.  He is a God who disciplines, but also a God of deliverance.  Be still.  Affliction is a part of His love.  Pain and suffering are tools of His love.  He moves a troubled people toward deliverance through hard times. 
        Be still.

I also received a wonderful email from our daughter in law, Beth, with wonderful pictures she had taken on our grandson, Caleb.  I haven't had the time to make layouts yet today and I can't wait for you to see at least one, so here it is in all it's simplicity.  Hopefully, some day, you'll see a layout.  In the meantime I'll add a layout at the end of this post.




These pictures in the layout were taken here in OH in July.  

No comments:

Post a Comment