Friday, November 9, 2012

Dragon Halloween



Since Caleb loves the movie, How To Train Your Dragon, his mom made him a dragon costume for Halloween. 

Halloween has passed and it is almost Thanksgiving. Time flies whether or not you are having fun, at least around here. 

This week has not been a lot of fun. It's hard enough to lose an important election, but this was particularly jarring to my world. Since I really don't have any hope at this point that we will ever recover, I've been fighting depression.  Of course I do have the tool to do that.  It is called,' faith'.
I believe with all my heart that God is in control and that His will is being done.  Even though it is not
the same as I would have willed, I know He knows best.

Today, I turned off talk radio and listened to the Fish any time I was driving.  Ron has been preaching to me to be content in whatever circumstances I find myself.  I know he is right...that is Bible, but I'm still working on it.

 I plan to let my subscription run out  to our newspaper. If things are as bad as I imagine, it won't do any good  to read it. It will just keep me upset. 

I don't believe I'm thinking this way. I have been quite disturbed in the past with people who buried their heads in the sand...and now I'm contemplating it myself.

I know I must obey the law and honor those in public office. It just does not seem easy at this point.

May the creator God strengthen me. And I pray He helps me  direct my efforts to teaching others about Him and His peace, for He is the God of love and grace. Christ shed His blood to cover our sins. 
He has promised us an everlasting home with him in glory.  Praise God.







No comments:

Post a Comment