Friday, December 27, 2013

Newborn



I remember giving birth. It seems like a long time ago. But I do remember that few husbands were allowed into the birthing room with their wives. I'm sure my hubby wouldn't have made it. From the look on his face, I believe Ron felt each labor pain intensely. I'm almost sure he would not have been able to make it through the birth.  

This month Beth was able to have family with her there in the birthing room.  What a blessing. 

It wasn't planned, but I called John just as Caleb was born and I heard that first cry. What a joy that was.

I still can't get over how very good Beth looked right after delivery. I think I was afraid to look in a mirror for days after my babies births... either that or I didn't have time.

It's great to see God's plan to fill the earth is continuing even though modern man has made his own rules, limiting births.  

It seems our civilization is getting farther and farther from  God as the days pass.  Proverbs 19:27 says, Cease listening to [My] instruction and you will stray from the words of knowledge."

Perhaps that is our problem, we have ceased to listen. It seems quite possible since we are in a society filled with noisy distractions. It is almost constant input from TVs, radios, iPads, computers, telephones... When does  one find time to 'listen' [read] God's word?  Take it from me, it isn't easy, but it is very important. Try to find a few minutes {at first} each day and get in the habit of  reading the word. If enough of us do it, it could save our world.

Americans won today. Duck Dynasty will continue with  the whole family. We got the message out to A&E and the network caved. It has reversed its decision and is going to be tolerant of Phil Robertson's belief that homosexuality is abhorrent  to God.  While generally speaking liberals want everyone to be tolerant of them,  they are extremely intolerant themselves. I repeat, America won today.



No comments:

Post a Comment