Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Caleb and the Big Pig



As you can see written on the page, when Caleb was a little tyke, he was fond of pigs. He would go to farm class, hop on the little pigs and ride them. The pigs were used to children, but still not many were able to ride them like Caleb did. He had perseverance. He would hold on tight.

This pig is at the sculpture park and is called Old Charlie. He lays there all day and seems to not mind all the foot traffic through the park.

Now, funny thing it, some days, when I'm ready for bed, I wonder just how different I am from Old Charlie. What did I really get done today? Even though it seems I'm a buzz of activity all day long, from morning  until midnight and beyond, I seldom get very much accomplished. It must be because I think so slowly. Sometimes, I have to stop and ponder what I'm really supposed to be doing.

But, you know, maybe at my age, I can do well in the kingdom by just being a light with joy amidst all the weeds of  sin.

As a matter of fact, that fits in with a stray email I received today from I don't know where. I wondered how and why I got it, but it had a good point.  The author, a Holley Gerth, made this statement...I want to be a candle not a firework. 

I don't have to do anything flashy that catches everyone's attention. I can just be the candle in a dark room.

Thank you, Father God, for all the people in my life, especially my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment