Monday, July 4, 2016

Slow Down, Be Happy



I've added two layouts tonight, it is my odd way to make up for not having the July 4th look I had planned. 

Even though my pictures did not turn out well and I'll still waiting for friends photos, it so happens that I could have made a layout from stills of our boat parade here at the lakes. It came right by our house and although I missed it, I found a video on You Tube and, surprise, it was taken across the lake from here, so our boathouse and docks were in it. I won't tell you about the floats, in case I ever actually get a layout done. I don't want to spoil the best parts by mentioning them ahead of time.

The top layout here is of Oliver, who brought me a book to read to him. It was the one I had taken him from Ohio. 

While he was with me, we sneaked a selfie. Isn't he cute peeking up out of the corner? 

The second layout is of the boys and PaPa with Caleb's video game. Boys will be boys at any age and they all got into that game. From looking at  them, I would guess the guys had about as much fun watching as Caleb did playing it. Way to entertain those guys, Caleb.  

That is good entertainment, but there is so much of just the opposite for us in this world today. I have to make an effort once in a while to think of what is good.  As in Philippians 4:8, which says, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." , I have to be deliberate each day to set aside time for that.

This morning a church friend sent an interesting email. One thing in that message made me think...it said, " A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour." Think about that. How often those little detours, either on a route or just things that pop up in our days that were not planned, are really annoying. But there is nothing you can do to change it...so just make up your mind to make the most of it. Enjoy it as much as you can. 

If I do that, I imagine it will help my blood pressure and perhaps it will help the way I treat people as well. Thus, just that little hint might do me a lot of good in the coming days. I will try to remember and concentrate on that. Slow down and be happy. "A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

No comments:

Post a Comment