Saturday, June 12, 2010

Caleb Will Read Some Day

Being a teacher, I've planned ahead and made this layout for Caleb, so that he will be able to read it in a few years. It has been fun having Caleb's family here. We got to witness his first time to roll over. He was very pleased with his accomplishment and practiced, sometimes with frustration.

Beth's mother (That makes her a grandmother too, but I just want to keep him for myself right now.) is celebrating quite an accomplishment herself. She graduates from Ohio State this weekend. It's taken her quite a while, one class at a time, but she did it! Hurrah.

I'm looking forward to seeing the threesome again after they have visited Beth's relatives in Columbus. Meanwhile, I have a chance to make a few layouts and practice creating text on a path. Not everything comes to me easily these days. Sometimes it takes work. But I still enjoy the results enough to plow through it all. It is wonderful to have two computer techies to help me: Ron and John. John was helping me with the curving text yesterday, so today I need to try it a couple of times to make sure I don't forget before I actually want to use it.

Speaking of the relatives in Columbus, they are the lucky ones now, since Glenn Beck is coming to their city next week. I wish I could go, but now that my schedule is free, Ron just doesn't feel up to the hassle.
Just think how many millions of people would be there if they could. Glenn is THE MAN of the times, for sure. I'm calling him the Education Czar. Go Glenn!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that... GO GLENN!

    But hey... have you been watching this week? Some of it has been fairly scary stuff. My hair's turning gray just thinking about it.

    I have to tell you that Gary and I went to that event Glenn had in Arizona in the spring. It was amazing! I liked Judge Napalitano (sp?) the best. I immediately bought his book because he was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I haven't seen him this week with our birthdays and company. I'll have to go back and check...not that I need gray hair. His shows get recorded here!

    I think the judge knows exactly what is happening and why.

    ReplyDelete