Thursday, January 13, 2011

Caleb's First Painting


You get to see Caleb's first masterpiece.  Looks like the medium is pastels.  He sure got into it. What a sweetheart.  I can hardly wait to see him.

A few days ago when we went online to purchase our tickets, I had my travel miles laid out.  I was ready to get my 'free' ticket.  Right.  Well, Ron got so perturbed with their tactics that he just paid cash saying it was cheaper.  Now, I haven't really figured that out yet, but I suppose he meant it was easier than dealing with Continental.

Years ago when we started piling up the air miles, the free tickets were great.  We even went to Bulgaria on them.  But now that the airlines are having trouble with the cost of fuel and some of the punitive laws the government has passed, these tickets are not such a good deal.

 When they were issued we got air miles.  Wouldn't you think that 50,000 miles meant just that?  That number should take me around the earth...twice!  But it seems, it will only take me to Florida and back home.  So my air miles have been devalued.

This reminds me of a cartoon I saw in our newspaper about a week ago.   It shows a man at the ticket counter and the airline representative is telling him, "I'm sorry sir, but all of your frequent flier miles have already been used up by your lost luggage."  Perhaps that is what happened to ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment