Sunday, January 30, 2011

Memories Lost



I don't remember at all where I was or anything else about these pictures.  I do really wish I knew something about it.  One bad thing about not having brothers or sisters to share the memories, there is lots of lost data.   There is no one to ask now that mom, dad and all my aunts and uncles have passed away.

I know there are some who would say, 'so what?' but my curiosity really gets to me when I think about what I don't know.  Why did I have a rake. It doesn't look like fall.  It resembled what I was told Texas looked like back then, but we didn't go when I was that age.  Why was my hair like that?

I certainly don't want to lose important facts like how our country got it's beginning.  But some will because our history is being rewritten minute by minute. The name of God has been taken out of history books that our young people read in their classrooms. Early settlers and those who founded our country were solid Christians.  But all mention of that is no longer included in the textbooks for public schools.
God's name has been removed from various monuments in Washington D.C. How will students know if they are not taught?  If our kids don't learn at school, it is our job to instruct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment