Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowflakes

I'm not absolutely crazy about my cat as some are, but I do enjoy doing layouts of her.  She is so picturesque.    She is also slow in motion, often being still for long periods of time, thus giving me time to grab my camera and take a shot.

She was sitting by the door for a long time staring outside.  But when I offered to let her outdoors, she declined indicating she thinks it is too cold out for a spoiled cat. She would much rather soak up a little sun indoors,  lounge in her catnip filled bed, or if it is really cold, lay on the register.

 What a life.  I couldn't take it. I'd be bored to death; but she doesn't seem to mind.  Still once in a while she will sit and look longingly out the window at the squirrels, birds or whatever else moves.  this day she was looking for a stray neighborhood cat.

I got this picture and thought I'd like to try a technique using a mask I'd figured out with some tips I found in a newsletter from  www.Scrapgirls.com.

On a more destructive rather than creative subject, if you remember correctly, yesterday I had concerns about what the progressive news media and pundits on the left  would say about this lunatic that shot up Arizona on Saturday.  Boy was I right...again. :)  They have insinuated that this goofball was motivated by Sarah Palin and the Tea Party and they are responsible for his actions.

 Seriously, this was a fellow who has been disruptive and exhibited antisocial behavior for at least several years before Sarah and/ or the Tea Party came on the scene.  He does not share their views at all.  As a matter of fact he was fascinated by leftwing politics and anarchy.  Some of his favorite books are "The Communist Manifesto" by Karl Marx, and Adolf Hitler's  "Mein Kampf" , along with "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest".  As a Tea Party member, I don't know one who would name such leftwing political books as these first two  favorites.

There are many facts readily available all over the web about this strange young man's life.  Check them out for yourselves.  There is no way he could be tied legitimately to the right.  Remember, the right had to be spurred into action and practically pulled off their sofas and out of their offices because of a corrupt, disingenuous bunch in Washington.  People busy living  good, productive lives are now willing to say they've had enough. They are working people, not those who would take up their guns and go looking for politicians or anyone else to shoot. As a general rule, they are God fearing people who value life and freedom, which are  both gifts of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment