Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coveralls


Back to my youth...Does everyone go through an ugly stage, or was it just me?  Anyway. Every picture taken of me in the sun got me with squinty eyes.  I never really saw sunglasses as a child. Polarized glasses became available in 1936, when they were sold along beaches, far from Akron, Ohio. And even a dozen years later, I hadn't seen them.

This picture is one of my worst...with squinty eyes and glasses, freckles, a frown and bangs that were much too short. Of course the coveralls topped it all off. I wasn't a Shirley Temple!

If it hadn't been for people being full of love back then, I would have probably gotten a complex. Because  they had God's love in their hearts, they were nice to one another. The old adage, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" was lived out in everyday life.

 The coveralls made me think of a  Bible verse that talked about covering sin. When I did a search of the NIV version,  I found  three and they are all very good.

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up conflict: but love covers over all wrongs.

Romans 4:7  Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

I Peter 4:8  Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

It was great to grow up in a time and in a neighborhood when the people were truly godly and full of love.We need to go back to that.  The only way that can happen is if it starts with us.  Each one needs to make sure he or she watches his own steps and avoids those things which harm others bodies or emotions.

Remember it is up to you to make your little corner of the world a better place to live. How will you start?

No comments:

Post a Comment