Friday, June 9, 2017

Double Celebration


Our Life Group gathers weekly for a meal, Bible study, prayer session and just to catch up on each other. We have a load of fun as well. Generally we bring a dessert treat if it is the week of our birthday. It doesn't always work out that way, but we try. This week, Ron and I both had birthdays, yesterday was mine and today, his. We didn't have to bring a dessert. I'm not sure why, but out of the goodness of her heart, Lin baked us a super good chocolate cake. Everyone was asking her secret. She also  bought two different kinds of ice cream. I loved the Moose Tracks. I think I gained 5 pounds, since she left enough for us to have another helping the next night as well. 

You may have guessed...I NEED to go on a diet. I'm confessing that here hoping that someone will hold me to it. I'm thinking about the Daniel diet since that one has worked well for me in the past. It is a healthy diet. It makes it easy to eat moderately, since there are no sugars to trigger inappropriate hunger.  

I just noticed this morning that Rick Warren has a new book called The Daniel Plan  40 Days to a Healthier Life. It includes other healthy advice besides the Daniel Diet. This is what Rick has to say about it: "A healthy lifestyle doesn’t just involve one or two areas of your life. It takes a more holistic approach – in your faith, food, fitness, focus, and friends." I'm ordering it, hoping to be inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment