Saturday, June 3, 2017

Thick Hair: A Curse or a Blessing


Chelle has hair like me, her mom. It is very thick. I'm hoping it is also like mine in that it holds its color well. That has saved me lots of money over the years because I do not have to color it. It  would have been very expensive because it grows so fast. I would have had to dye it at least every month to keep from having roots showing.  Of course, it is ok now to have different colored roots, even preferred at times, but it hasn't always been that way.

Chelle went in to have a hair cut May 17 and got a good thinning as well. You can see the large amount of fluff in the box.  (And you can see how much hair she still has.)

Less than a week later, I had my hair layered in order to get rid of the bush it had become. I always had it thinned when I was younger, but Sali, who does my hair does not like that...so she seriously layered mine. Now I have  a head full of curly waves that are very independent strayers. It is quite interesting, especially when I just let it dry by itself, like I did yesterday.

I always  have considered the thickness and color of my hair a blessing. It is a good thing, because it gets harder and harder to find joy in everyday things these days...whether it be because of age of just the state of the world.

Tonight as we hear of more atrocities in England, I continue to pray for our country remembering God's promise in II Chronicles 7:14

14if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment