Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Our Sorrow, His Gain




Most of you know, but many do not, that our son Mark, passed away at just 53. We were notified this past Sunday. We are missing him very much and feeling like we lost part of ourselves. (We actually did.) But looking beyond ourselves, we must be happy.  We are happy that he had been here a couple of weeks at Christmas and all his brothers and sisters, except for Tim, were able to love on him. 

We were blessed that he loved God. We know that after all these years of suffering with excruciating pain, he is now in heaven where there is no pain or sorrows, no tears.

The following was written by our daughter, his sister April:

Dear friends, my brother Mark left this earth suddenly at 53 years old.  Born April 20th 1964, Mark made a trip home to Ohio for a visit over Christmas. We had no way of knowing that our hug and kiss goodbye to each other would be the last one until we meet again in eternity. It is a bittersweet time for his family and friends; although we are separated for a short time, we are so happy that he is in the presence of LOVE. For God is LOVE. At a time like this or at a tragic time in anyones life there is something we all need to think about. If I were to suddenly be called away to meet God am I ready? Have I allowed Jesus Christ to be number one in my life? Is Jesus my closest friend? Do i invite him into my day and ask him to help me in all of my relationships and all that concerns me or Him? Have I learned how to know his voice and how he communicates with me? Have I read or Googled what the Bible says I should do in certain situations in my life?
Have I ever read any of the Bible? Or listened to it audio bible online?? Am I putting off having a close relationship with him because I think that living his way would be boring or not fun? Do I not seek to have a relationship with him because it wouldn’t be cool with my friends? Do I not have a relationship with him because I didn’t know you could have a relationship with him? Friends I’m reaching out to you today because I love and care about you. I avoided God for many years because I didn’t think I could live up to all of his rules and expectations. I also made some really dumb mistakes and didn’t know if I could be forgiven. I didn’t know that His arms were wide open for me to come and get to know him with all my issues and sin. He loves us all no matter how we are living or what we have done wrong. God wants to help us each step of the way to a better life. If you are sorry for your mistakes and want forgiveness, Please turn to Jesus today. It’s time to start asking not only what God can do for me but what can I do for him. He’s not into a lukewarm a casual relationship. He loves you and he wants all of you. He died for us And took all of our sin on himself so that we could live a guilt free life. He wants us to have a life full of the Adventure as we watch the creator of the world work around us. He wants to bless us and help us to become all he created us to be. The Bible says He Stands at the door of our heart and knocks. Won’t you open the door and let him in your heart today?For anyone that is interested in finding out more, I will follow up with another post and give you some web sites of some great teachers that have helped me to get to know Jesus better. May God Bless you and chase you down with his love!!!! 

PS Prophecy is one of the stronger proofs that show us that the Bible is from God. There is 1,238 prophecies in the Old Testament and 578 in the new and only a few are left to be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment