Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Decorations


Fall decorations are something I didn't know as a child. Some would carve pumpkins, but we never did. Most people I knew didn't have money to waste like that. Even when we were first married, one still didn't see a lot of decorating. Christmas was the season for that, but gradually as people had discretionary funds they started doing things up big for Fall (Halloween and Thanksgiving) and Easter. I remember some time ago seeing little eggs to put on small trees, like Christmas tree decorations.

In recent years I've seen fall deco everywhere. I'm glad because I like the pretty colors and because since we don't have children at home anymore and no small grandchildren around and no trick or treaters scampering through our neighborhood, I don't decorate. About all I do, if and when, is set out a few gourds and fall candles indoors. I spend my time on other pursuits and save a few bucks. It is hard to justify spending money for things like that when so many of our friends and neighbors are without jobs and starting to hurt.

But when we are out, we take advantage of all the displays for our photo shots.
At the top we were at a local grocery that has a restaurant and the freshest salad bar ever.
The bottom layout was made with a picture taken while we were at the Mountain Air country club in the mountains of NC.

I'm a little sad right now. Our Tuesday morning ladies' class at church just finished it's thirteenth Beth Moore series, Stepping Up, a Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent.
I feel like my best friend is moving away and I won't get to see her for nearly a year. Beth Moore has become a big plus in my life with her vivid expression of the word of God. Thank God for her and all those who work along side her throughout the year. I pray that this next fall she will have a new study for us. In the meantime, I'd like to find a study that I can do on my own, because they keep me focused in the word...and the Lord knows I need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment