Sunday, October 31, 2010

Finicky in 1946


This picture was taken of me in 1946. I was a finicky little girl who got away with it because I was an only child. You'll see what I mean when you read the journaling on this layout.

I am enjoying telling about my memories as a child. And at least one of my children is as well.
I would love to find something written by my mother or grandmother that would let me look into their lives to see how they lived and what they thought.

I love history now that I am no longer tested on minutiae and specific dates. It is true that those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. I've most likely quoted that before in this blog.

Robin, one of my friends today noticed a new bumper sticker: it took a Carter to get a Reagan. I'm counting on repeating that phenomenon of history this Tuesday when we turn out en masse to oust those who have given us more change than we ever wanted. I have hope that things can be reversed and we can get back to being a Christian nation. In God we still trust. They can take it out of our history books and we can put it back.

Let's all concentrate on putting Christ back in our homes and the rest will follow.

1 comment:

  1. I think I look like you in this picture. I hadn't really seen a resemblance in earlier pictures, but I do in this one.

    ReplyDelete