Saturday, April 28, 2012

School Field Trip and Photo Shoot

The triplets have lots of opportunity to be with others their own age. Not only do they have church friends and   their home school group, but they are involved in many activities, such as scouts, Chinese class, basketball and theater.

Early in April, they went with other home schoolers to  Cannonsburgh in Murfreesboro, TN, for an outing.
Chelle used the opportunity for a photo shoot.  The kids were in a cooperative mood and she got lots of good pictures...which always make me, the grandmother very happy.  

I would recommend home schooling to anyone who is not quite satisfied with the education his/her children are getting in public school today.  I would fist suggest a private school, but if that is out of the question, then home schooling is a good solution. I didn't say perfect, for nothing measures up to perfection...but it is a very good alternative.  I'm saying this as a teacher who once taught in public school and was happy with most of the teachers who taught along side me.  However, educators hands are tied.They are no longer permitted to discipline the students and without that, there is really not much learning. Add the fact that everything is being dumbed down so that no one has to suffer a loss of ego and it is a losing proposition.  I must say...this is my opinion from what I've seen lately. If your situation in your school is different,, good for your family.  There are not many such schools today.

No comments:

Post a Comment