Monday, March 18, 2013

Parade of Green


John, Caleb and his little friend, Colton enjoyed the St Patrick's Day parade in Fort Collins on Saturday.

I wish I had taken our kids to more parades.  I only remember going to one. 

In July, the boat parade often comes by our house and I remember the grandkids running down to the lake to see it closer. I didn't care for parades, but I think the kids would have.

We have many regrets in life. We wish we'd done things we didn't do.  For example, we wish we had finished what we started. But I think more often than not, we wished we hadn't done what we did do.

I wish I'd been more patient. I wish I'd controlled my tongue. I wish I'd not broken a promise. But 'What's done is done.' There is no undoing it. 

Max Lucado quotes the apostle Paul, "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23. Max  continues..."He didn't say, The wages of sin is a hard day.  Sin is fatal."

I can't go back and do it again, but my God in heaven will forgive me. I must be truly sorry ...and HE WILL FORGIVE ME...and give me life everlasting.

He will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment