Sunday, November 20, 2011

Comfort



For Caleb a comfort is his very special blankie his mom made for him and a finger in his mouth.

It sometimes takes much more to comfort adults, whose world is so complicated and filled with sinful influences.  But we can take comfort in the fact that like Caleb's mommy loves him, our God and Father loves us very much and wants the best for each of us.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
 5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever.



2 Corinthians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,


Sleep tight in the comfort of our LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment