Monday, September 20, 2010

The Duty of an Artist


Our daughter, Chelle, is taking a photography class at a church near her. The teacher is great. I would love to take this class myself. Looks like I need to search for classes more aggressively. I can't just expect someone to walk up and invite me.

Chelle captured these pictures on a photo shoot at sunset. I absolutely love the composition. The colors are phenomenal.

Fall is definitely in the air. Looks to me like it is early this year. Our cool nights started way ahead of my schedule. So the leaves are turning. I just hope they hang on a long time. It is my favorite time of year.

I never had thought of artists as having a duty before. I just thought they were expressing themselves for the pure joy of stroking color on a canvas, carving shapes, molding clay, etc.

I like the quote on the first layout: "To send light into the darkness of men't hearts- such is the duty of the artist. " Robert A Shumann


And what is the duty of a citizen? It is to vote. The polls show an overwhelming number of people are dissatisfied with the change we were handed with this last election. So much damage has been done to our country in the last two years. But, we all know, that the election is not sown up. "It's not over till the fat lady sings" sounds crazy, but it is accurate. Each citizen must do his/her part. We can not leave it to others to do the voting. And don't think your vote will not count. We must all do our small part to oust the present office holders. If you haven't registered, do it now. Don't wait. I know what happens. Things slip by you and then it is too late. Do it this week. The fate of our nation is on our shoulders. Don't let your grandchildren say that this is the generation that lost freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment