Friday, September 3, 2010

Two Dolls

I usually choose a picture or set of pictures, look at them closely and decide how they make me feel. Then I gather items of the right type and colors until I think I'm ready to start. I put them all on the page and move them however the creative 'spirit' moves me, until I have a finished page. Sometimes I need to delete some and add more, but it comes together. When I first started paper scrapbooking, I used this method, but was never quite satisfied. I've learned that I don't have to think it is perfect. I can accomplish a lot more that way.

This morning, as I was looking over my email, a kit of papers and elements drew my attention. Displayed in a unique way were some components grouped together inside a frame. I liked the look and decided to make my own grouping. I picked a frame and then gathered elements to put inside it. I started to file it away to use at a later date, but thought it would be really cute with a little girl outdoors. Well, we only have one little girl in our lives right now...and she is getting big much too fast. It is Ashley. So I looked through pictures her mom had sent me and had to go all the way back to Easter. But I found a lovely photo. I hadn't worked with it before because unfortunately there was a big car right behind her. It was very distracting. I knew I could camouflage it or even remove it, but it would be difficult. It was the perfect picture otherwise, so I began to work on it. I think it came together quite well. I like the dreamy effect.

Tired of politics. Just have a quote from the Bible for you tonight:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

No comments:

Post a Comment